If you choose to have your Study Needs Assessment locally we have two local assessment centres, one is located on the Penryn Campus. The Accessibility team will be pleased to meet with you if you have any queries about which assessment centre to choose.
- Assessments are usually available within the next 2-3 days. To book you will need your DSA eligibility letter.
- They can offer assessments from Monday to Friday: 10am to 4pm.
- Pay and display parking is available on-site.
- Penryn train station is approximately an 18-minute walk away.
- If you need to contact the Access2Learn administration team, they are available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Click here for their contact information.
- Assessments are available Wednesday at 9:30 am, 11:30 am, or 1:30 pm.
If you have any access needs or preferences to enable you to fully participate in the assessment, please do let the assessment centre know.
How could this affect me?
If you have applied for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA), the Study Needs Assessment is an essential part of the process. Recommendations will vary from person to person, depending on your course, how your autism affects you and the impact on your studies.
During the assessment, you will have the opportunity to ask questions or suggest strategies or equipment that you feel you may benefit from, or which have worked for you in the past.
All recommendations must be considered in relation to the DSA regulations and guidance.
For more information on what to expect during the assessment please visit What is the Study Needs Assessment?